Arizona!


Journey to the Four Corners CAL – Part II:
Arizona!


Welcome to Part II of our CAL and the second state in our tour of the American Southwest, Arizona!  I was very impressed with all the beautiful work that came out of Part I.  I enjoyed seeing all the lovely squares and different color ways – it was such a pleasure!

As we embark on the second part of our journey, I do want to give a bit of a warning.  Arizona is by far the most difficult and unconventional of the squares in this CAL.  If you are going to ditch me on the road somewhere, it will probably be in Arizona!   PLEASE REMEMBER –you can receive pattern support through my Ravelry group here or by posting questions in the comment section below.    

Because of the difficulty level of this square, I have actually created a couple of support videos to help you through the center rounds:

A video showing how to connect your center circles (Rounds 4 through 6) can be accessed here.
A support video for Round 7 can be accessed here.

A support video for Round 8 can be accessed here.
A video showing how to get your flower petals to lay flat can be accessed here.

Other hints for getting through this pattern:
  • Take it easy - one round at a time;
  • Read each round before you begin the round;
  • Trust the pattern;
  • Ask for help if you get stuck - no point in frustrating yourself, this is supposed to be fun.

Please note that this square will probably need blocked as the center tends to pull inward a bit.  If you have never blocked acrylic yarn, you can do so with a few puffs of steam from an iron – just make sure you do not touch the iron to your yarn or it will melt.  To block this square I simply gave it a couple of puffs of steam per side then gently pulled the center outward.  I found this instructional video on steam blocking here.  

As previously stated, all of these patterns have been tested, but due to the sheer length and complexity of them, there are bound to be errors.  If you find an error, please let me know ASAP so that I can get it fixed.

Like the others in this series, I have created a print friendly PDF of the file by putting round-by-round photos in a separate file.  Both PDFs can be found below.

Happy crocheting!

-Lisa
Photo above:  Arizona in Prickly Pear colors - additional border rounds also shown



You may download the printer-friendly pattern by clicking HERE.  Your PDF will open in another window.  Please note - this pattern was updated on 2/21/19 with a new stitch count for Round 17 and new instructions for Round 18.

You may download the round-by-round photo addendum HERE.  Your PDF will open in another window.

Special thanks to the following Ravelry members for helping to test this CAL:

Berniece
Skyhookdesigns of Sky Hook Designs
Tossedwave of Tossed Wave Design
Wisdom61
Ascmidtalso
Twistednattyb
Christibj

If you are new to this CAL, all the general information can be found here.

The Pattern for Part I, New Mexico, can be found here.

Please remember:

This pattern was written and designed by me, Lisa Mauser for This Little Hook of Mine.  I am happy to share it with you, but this pattern belongs to me and I retain all rights.  You may not distribute, sell, or share this pattern or any parts of it.  If you wish to share the pattern, please refer the party you are sharing it with to the original pattern link.

Though this pattern has been tested, it is not perfect.  If you find a mistake, please let me know in the comments section, or private message me on Ravelry.

Thank you for respecting my property.  I sincerely hope you enjoy this pattern!


Comments

Popular Posts